The Intensive is a paid 10-week internship that seeks to grow students holistically in a gospel-centered approach to discipleship, mission, and leadership. The personal development of students is much more important to us than what they can do for BC. We believe that students will experience this holistic growth and development as they participate in the vision, community, and mission of BC over the course of the summer.
Disciples are made and leaders are grown in the context of missional community. Students will be immersed in gospel-centered community. Students will live with families and participate in that family’s social, emotional, and spiritual life. Students will engage in the normal communal life of the church in a more focused and deeper manner. They will actively participate in weekly gatherings, missional communities, family meetings, and intentional mentoring relationships. Students will learn and practice communal discipleship through regular, intentional, formal and informal dialogue with their fellow participants. Students will be active participants in the mission of the church individually as they practice a missional lifestyle in the context of part-time employment and frequently gather at third places.
Application Deadline: 3.12.19
Find out if you're in: 3.15.19
Program Start: 5.28.19
Program End: 8.3.19
A typical week as a participant in the Intensive will begin with your participation in our Sunday service: you'll come early to help setup and spend time in prayer for the day. Sunday afternoon will likely involve lunch with fellow believers and sand volleyball. During the week, there will be a handful of recurring items on your schedule. While the actual days & times might change, here's what a typical week's required activities will look like:
- Monday Morning (1 Hour) - Spending time in the word & prayer with the team
- Tuesday Morning (2 Hours) - Spending time in the word & prayer with the team and discussing that week's topic (e.g. biblical counseling, spiritual gifts, etc.)
- Tuesday Lunch - Lunch with the team
- Wednesday Evening (2 Hours) - Meeting with your Missional Community
- Thursday Morning (2 Hours) - Spending time in the word & prayer with the team and learning from a member of the church about that week's topic (e.g. biblical counseling, spiritual gifts, etc.)
- Thursday Dinner - Dinner at a member's home with the team
- Friday Morning (1 Hour) - Spending time in the word & prayer with the team
- Friday Dinner - Dinner at an elder's home with the team
- Saturday Brunch - Brunch at a member's home with the team
Obviously, there is quite a bit of time left in the week. You'll spend the rest of your time doing things like meeting with your mentor, ministering at your third place, reading, and resting.
Even More Details.
For more information, read this: 2018 Intensive Handbook.